The UF Center for African Studies plays a pivotal role in addressing issues critical for understanding Africa in the global context. Although the Center is not currently a degree-granting program, students at the undergraduate and graduate level have a multitude of course options, concentrations and resources available through the Center to enrich their academic experience.
Academic programs offered through the Center include:
- Undergraduate Studies Minor
- Graduate Studies Minor or Certificate
- Master of Sustainable Development Practice, offered in collaboration with the Center for Latin American Studies.
- Program in African Languages, which provides students with the opportunity to study multiple African languages at UF or abroad.
- Coursework at the graduate and undergraduate level offered in a wide variety of disciplines and topics.
- Lectures and events hosted through our many Center-sponsored organizations. To view the current calendar, click here.
- Study abroad in Africa! Study abroad offerings vary by semester, so be sure to take a look at the International Center’s database.
Be sure to join our listserv to stay up to date on UF Center for African Studies activities, opportunities, events, and features. Stop by the main office on the fourth floor of Grinter Hall or email a member of our office staff to request to be added to the list.