Spring 2021 events will continue to be held virtually. Our schedule of events can be viewed at the Center for African Studies Website as a PDF on this page or through our calendar. Registration is required for CAS sponsored Zoom events. Registration info will be included on individual event pages (click on the event you would like to register for below to view details).
- This event has passed.
December 1, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Workshop - Critiquing and Revising Dissertation Chapters and Articles. December 1 | 7:00pm EST
The workshop will be an interactive learning opportunity for students wishing to gain and improve dissertation writing skills. Two chapters will be distributed to participants upon request. During the session, two faculty members will provide constructive critique of the chapters and impart tips and answer questions. An open discussion will follow.
We are grateful to our two student presenters/authors:
- Megan Cogburn, PhD Candidate, Department of Anthropology
- Chapter Title: On Forgeries and Firings: Reflections on Care at a Village Health Dispensary
- Audrey Culver Smith, PhD Candidate, Department of Geography
- Manuscript Title: “Environmental variability and undernutrition: A spatio-temporal analysis of under-five stunting in Zambia”.
We are grateful to our faculty reviewers and discussants:
- Dr. Apollo Amoko, Associate Professor of English
- Dr. Philip Janzen, Assistant Professor of History
Note that it is important for participants to read the chapters in advance.
Please contact Zheyun Deng [email@example.com] to request copies of the chapters and with any questions.
Join the Workshop via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 996 8397 7375