Based on the needs of the Department of Tourism at Tshwane University of Technology, the following partnership objectives were outlined:
- Faculty and/or lecture exchanges for TUT faculty to upgrade skills, knowledge and teaching methodologies.
- Develop and update existing and new curriculum in cooperation with faculty.
- Provide experiential learning and practical work experience for students.
- Target and enroll minorities in tourism studies to increase numbers of disadvantaged citizens preparing to work in the tourism sector.
- Increase involvement in meetings, seminars, and programs among higher education, national, and local government, and industry officials to result in opportunities to address local/regional/national tourism management issues.
- Formulate networking and applied research opportunities for faculty to promote awareness about sustainable and environmentally friendly tourism (eco-tourism) models.