The Program in African Languages (PAL) is one of the Center for African Studies’ central components in its mission to work with the rest of the University in promoting Africa-related studies on the campus and beyond. In addition to undergraduate education, the CAS promotes and supports graduate studies as essential part for the development of a continuing community of Africanist scholars. In this regard, the CAS, in close collaboration with the Department of Languages, Literatures, & Cultures (LLC), has committed itself to developing and maintaining a viable, comprehensive and dynamic program in African languages.
For more information about Program in African Languages, please contact PAL Coordinator, Dr. Charles Bwenge.
Why Learn an African Language at University of Florida?
- Fulfill your UF foreign language requirement.
- Expand your opportunities to visit, travel, and work in Africa.
- Prepare for the expanding global market.
- Get jobs in research, Peace Corps, teaching, business, military & humanitarian organizations.
- Enhance your credibility as a researcher.
Please select from the left-hand menu to learn more about the African Languages Programs offered by the Center.